Saturday 26 January 2008

Breadfan by BUDGIE


I can remember it as if it were yesterday not the late 70’s, an adolescent snot nosed kid sat in the bedroom listening to punk, my brother came into the bedroom and said “you don’t wanna be listening to that lightweight stuff, get a load of this” and promptly dropped Breadfan by Budgie on the turn table. He did not dent me my love for punk, which is still with me today, but it was the start of journey down a different avenue that led to many adventures and memories. It was bound to have happened sooner or later with a different band in a different situation, but I still think of it as a life changing moment. For f*ck’s sake don’t tell my brother though, I will never hear the end of it.

The icing on the cake was that they lived ten miles up the road from me and 20 odd years later I put them (or at least a verison of them) on as a support band for Man at a Peppermint Iguana Gig.

No comments: